The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies. Gertrude Jekyll

Annie's Little Plot

Annie's Little Plot

Sunday 27 March 2011

Spring has officially arrived!

It really feels like finally after a very long winter spring has arrived! It has been a dry mainly sunny week and a couple of days it has been really warm, up to 16 degrees. Warm enough to have lunch out!
The daffodils are in full bloom, there is a lovely display in a park nearby.
I've managed to get up to the allotment on two evenings this week. it was lovely being out as the sun went down on a quiet allotment with just the sounds of the blackbirds singing. Hopefully it will be even easier to go in the evenings now that the clocks have changed.
I planted my shallots 'Golden gourmet' on friday night.
Even had Martin up there digging this week.

I may have a shed for my allotment, the nursery nearby was throwing one out and one of the blokes from the allotments behind my garden rescued it from the skip and then offered it to me. It looks quite big and is very orangey wood coloured so I'll have to paint it. The tricky bit will be getting it to the allotment and putting it back together again. Martin carried a piece of it down to allotment today but its a long way to carry big bits of wood, so I think we are going to try and find someone with a van.
Was a lovely day again today so at the allotment I dug the bed where I hope to put the fruit bushes and rhubarb.
Today was the first day that there were loads of people at the allotment, met a few of my neighbours. The digging is getting easier!

1 comment:

  1. Fab news about the shed, even if it is orange. The plot is looking great and love the first shoots are coming up already
    xx

    ReplyDelete