The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies. Gertrude Jekyll

Annie's Little Plot

Annie's Little Plot

Friday 1 April 2011

Little Robin!

Its been a really windy day today with a few showers. Spent the morning sowing seeds and then when the weather brightened in the afternoon I went up to the allotment. The small path that I put down the other day had taken off! Blowing in the wind.
I'll have to put it down again when the wind has calmed down.
 Planted my first early potatoes 'Vales Emerald' at the allotment today and have dug a trench for the rest of my spuds.
While I was digging I met a new friend at the allotment, I think he was assuming that where there is digging there will be worms!















I also planted some Broad bean seedlings which I started off in the greenhouse. There are lots of pigeons and magpies hanging around the plots so hope they will survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment