The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies. Gertrude Jekyll

Annie's Little Plot

Annie's Little Plot

Tuesday 5 April 2011

The shed is up!

Martin's dad came round today to help us put the shed up, we had managed to get all the pieces up to the allotment thanks to a friend from the cricket club. The fun part was today trying to figure out which bits went where!! We hadn't seen the shed up so we didn't really know what to expect, apart from the fact that it had a small door!


We didn't realise when we got it out of the skip next to the nursery that it had a little balcony!! Here comes the roof.

We are slightly concerned that it make take off in the wind! So we have weighted it down. There is no door so we are going to have to sort that out and there are a few broken bits of one side which will need a bit of work. But I can't complain it was free!
The hard workers.

We have since put some roofing felt on, and after we have fixed all the extra bits on it and put a door on, I'll also give it a paint and it will be brilliant. The cutest shed on the allotment. I'd better not paint it pink.

While I was there today I also planted my second early potatoes 'Charlotte'. One of the tubers was heart-shaped!
Also planted my red onions 'Red Baron'.

No comments:

Post a Comment